Heavenly Cacao's Butterfly Pea Flower Powder produces a beautiful natural blue colour without the need for chemical additives and with no aftertaste either. Add more or less to deepen or lighten the blue.
Simply add a dash of lemon juice to create vibrant purple colours too.
Butterfly Pea Flowers are considered a superfood with amazing benefits including possessing pain relieving qualities.
Coconut Confetti Recipe
Ingredients: Powdered butterfly pea flowers.
1/2 tsp powdered superfoods of choice eg #matcha green tea powder, #turmeric, #freezedriedpitaya, #butterflypeaflower
1-2 tbs boiling water
20g shredded coconut
Extra water for soaking
1. Place 20g shredded coconut in a bowl and add enough water to cover
2. Soak for 45 mins then drain well in a sieve, squeezing as much excess water as possible out of it
3. In a seperate bowl or small jar place 1/2 tsp of your powdered superfood colour of choice and add 1-2 tbs boiling water and mix well
4. Add 1 tsp superfood mixture to the coconut at a time and mix well
5. Repeat until the desired colour intensity is achieved
6. Place on a baking paper lined ovenproof tray or dehydrator tray
1. Preheat oven to 135°C
2. Place in oven
3. Check every 10-15 min breaking up any clumps that have formed
4. Repeat the process until the coconut is dry
1. Set dehydrator to 105-120°C
2. Dehydrate for 8-12 hours until dry
Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.