- 60g Cacao Butter
- 60g Cacao Liquor
- 20g Cacao Powder
- 60g Maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
- Melt the cacao butter by placing it in a glass/ceramic mixing bowl that is in contact with warm water.
- Once melted, add the syrup slowly.
- Sift in the cacao powder mixing at the same time. Note: These recipes are made based on our brand of cacao powder. Different brands vary in strength and bitterness so add it in five grams at a time to ensure the final flavour suits your palette or omit altogether if you prefer a lighter chocolate.
- Melt the cacao paste separately in a similar way to the cacao butter. If you have a chocolate thermometer, try to keep the melted mix close to 35 C throughout the whole process.
- Add melted cacao paste and stir until uniformly mixed.
- Place in moulds and put in fridge until solid.
Optional extras and variations:
1/2 scraped vanilla bean or 1/2 tsp vanilla paste is nice to add optionally.
A variation to the basic recipe that is yummy is to use only 30g Cacao Butter & to add 30g Creamed Coconut.
Note: Different sweeteners have different results so just add to taste if using a different sweetener.