- 50g cacao paste/liquor
- 40g cacao butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 40g maple syrup
- 20g creamed coconut
- 50g cashew butter
- Melt cacao butter, creamed coconut and cashew butter with vanilla in a glass bowl over warm water
- Melt the cacao liquor in a separate glass bowl over warm water
- After the cacao butter mixture has melted slowly drizzle in the syrup, gently mixing at the same time.
- Pour the cacao butter mixture into the cacao liquor, mixing gently.
- Pour into moulds and refrigerate until firm.
- When working with a liquid sweetener it is important to mix it gently into other ingredients. Over-mixing will lead to chocolate seize and sometimes cause the cacao butter to separate from the other ingredients.
- Experiement with different nut butters - macadamia, almond, peanut and hazelnut are all delicious. Feel free to omit the coconut butter. I use it because I find the combination of maple, cashew and coconut gives a more 'milk' like flavour when it hits the pallet rather than one particular flavour coming through strongly.