Aphrodisiac delights for Valentine's Day or any day you want to connect with your lover. This recipe was a collaboration with my favourite Naturopath, Janelle Twine at Seeds of Health.
Janelle has outlined the below aphrodisiac properties for us. For more on how to superchargedyour love life and health check out Janelle's ebook: Nurturing 9.
CACAO - the natural properties stimulate the senses & heighten feelings of joy & pleasure. It’s contains the “love” chemical releasing dopamine.
VANILLA - soothes emotional tension & reduces anxiety & stress while stimulating sexual desire. It has a euphoric effect on the brain & central nervous system to combat sexual debilitation.
SCHIZANDRA - increases mens staying power & stimulates sensitivity in female genitalia.
100g coconut paste
50g cacao butter
1/8 vanilla powder
3 tsp Just Blends freeze dried pitaya powder
30g maple syrup
50g Basic dark chocolate or 70% raw cacao bar
40g cashew butter
35g maple syrup
¼ tsp Superfeast schizandra berry powder
Pinch of Himalayan salt
Pinch of vanilla powder
1) Melt the coconut paste, cacao butter with the vanilla in a glass bowl over hot water, stirring frequently
2) Once melted, whisk in the pitaya powder
1) In a glass bowl over warm water, melt and mix the cashew butter, maple syrup, salt and vanilla
2) While that’s happening, melt your chocolate in a glass bowl over water or make it
3) Take 50g of the chocolate and gently mix it into the cashew mixture
4) Mix in the schizandra powder
5) Put in chocolate moulds and place in the freezer until hard, approx. 1 hour
6) Enrobe the chocolates in the coating and set in the fridge
7) Decorate if desired.